- Nowgong Girls' College has two well equipped computer center with internet connectivity. The studentscan avail internet facility at concessional rate.
- The entire camous has been made Wi-Fi enabled recently. This has been done for healthy and better academic pursuits of the students and teacher.
The college library, known as Mahesh Chendra Dev Goswami Library was started in the year 1964. It is a very large and resourceful library with around fourty two thousand books including encyclopedias and menu scripts and with total area of Reading Room :- 265.72 sq. meterss, total seating capacity of 120 students. There is a separate reading room for the faculty menmers.
- Monday to Saturday: 08.30 AM to 04.30 PM
- Open even during summer and winter vacations
- Higher Secondary Students: 2 each
- BA Students: 3 each (for pass course)
5 each (for major)
- Post- Graduate Student: 5 each
- Faculty member : 10 books at a time
However, there are special provisions for sincere, promising and economically disadvanteous students.
- Online Public Access Catalouge (OPAC)
- Inter library loan and notification, Question Bank System and Book Bank System.
- Photocopying facilities is available.
- The library has an access to N-List programme under Inflibnet (Information and Library Network) Ahmedabad. Through this programme the user are provided with free password through which they can browse selected e-books and journals.
- Inspite of its limited resources attempts have been made to provide modern digital equipments such as smart boards, LCD projectors ets. in the classrooms. Seven classrooms have been digitalised so far.
STUDENTS' AID FUND
- There is a Students Aid Fund in the college. It provides financial aid to to the eonomically disadvantageous students annually. The deserving students need to apply to avail this aid.
- Several departments have departmental forums. Seminars, workshop, lectures etc. are organized by them form time to time. Adhyayan Chakra, Education Socirty, Economics Forum etc. are some such forums.
- The Sports Cell conducts all sports events. There are volley ball and badminton grounds in the campus. An Indoor stadium has been constructed near the hostel to enhence the extra-curicular potentials of the students
- The College has three hostels namely Padmawati Devi Phooknani Hostel, Swahid Bhogeswari Phooknani Hostel and new RCC Hostel. Their intake capacity are 65, 72 and 70 respectively. Hostel seats are limited and alloted strictly on merit. Seats are, however, reserved for SC/ST/OBC students as per rules. Every boarder must follow the hostel rules strictly. There is provision for uninterrupted power supply in the hostel through solar energy.
GIRLS' COMMON ROOM
- The college has a spacious two-storeyed common room for students with the facilities of safe and hygenic drinking water, clean toilets with uninterrupted water supply and arrangements for indoor games like table tennis & carrom.
- The college has a hygenic and well-maintained canteen where students, teachers and employees of the college can have food at a reasonable price.
- Solar Panels are installed in the college campus and hostels. It provides electricity supply even during power-cuts.
- Nowgong Girls' College has a spacious auditorium with all modern amenities. It is equipped with over-head and multimedia projector facilities.
- A creche, "Rong Mela" is in the campus of PDP hostel. It provides day care service to childern upto ten years of age. The day care is available from Monday to Saturday from 08.30 am to 05.00 pm. The creche aims at the holistic growth of children. This facilities is available for outsiders also.
- The Nowgong Girls' College Post office the entire Nowgong Girls' College familly and the locality are highly benefitted by it has almost all essential and modern facilities of postal communication and investment.
|North East Collections